Retail Metrics, Inc. is and independent research firm that offers the following products and services to its institutional clients:
Monthly Mean Same Store Sales Estimates
1. Aggregate Same Store Sales Forecasts - Retail Metrics aggregates individual retailerís forecasts and generates monthly same store sales growth estimates for retail sub-industry groups including department stores, discounters, specialty, footwear, drug, and apparel as well as for our aggregate Retail Metrics Same Store Sales Index.
2. Individual Retailer Consensus Same Store Sales Estimates - Retail Metrics also provides institutional investors with consensus comp store sales estimate for most leading U.S. retailers reporting monthly same store sales.
FTP Historical Data Feed
Retail Metrics provides our quantitatively oriented clients with historical same store sales estimates and actuals feeds. We put together a designated FTP site for our clients to which we upload our historical data sets as well as current retail same store sales estimate/actual/surprise data. Clients can then easily pull down the data and incorporate into their models.
Retail Metrics Same Store Sales Surprise Data
Same store sales surprise history provides recent trends for both individual retailers and broader retail segments.
Historical Same Store Sales Database
Retail Metrics maintains an extensive historical same store sales database of actual monthly same store sales results dating back to 1998. Retail Metrics has consensus same store sales estimate and surprise history for major U.S. retailers from 2001 forward and for most U.S. retailers dating back to 2003. Please contact us for more information.
Retail Metrics Retail Earnings Growth Index & Historical Data
Retail Metrics tracks quarterly retail earnings growth expectations & revision trends for our Retail Metrics Retail Earnings Index of 125 U.S. publically traded retailers as well as for sub-industry groups such as department stores, discounters, consumer electronics, apparel, etc.
Retail Metrics has the following retail earnings data available:
1. the percentage of retailers beating, matching or missing expectations each quarter
2. average upside/downside surprise for aggregate & sub-industry groups
3. quarterly earnings estimate revision trends
4. aggregate & sub-industry revenue growth
5. current & historical quarterly earnings growth rates for aggregate and sub-industry groups
We also have historical earnings growth, earnings surprise, and revenue growth data going back to 1999 for most major publicly traded U.S. retailers.